AST Suspension 5200 Series 2-Way Coilovers - E36
The 5200 Series for the 1995-1999 BMW E36 M3 & Non-M are 2-way adjustable performance shock absorbers that are based upon competition 3-way adjustable shock absorbers.
The design of the compression adjustment is an evolution of the compression adjuster we provided for the American Grand-Am series for the last few years. The 5200 shock absorbers were designed to achieve a quick and easy setup for the BMW enthusiast, allowing separate adjustment of compression and rebound.
The 5200 Series AST coiler suspension uses an external canister. Throughout testing and competitions, this front and rear suspension system has been praised for its better handling, performance and capabilities, setting a new standard for a 2-way damper. It's no surprise that the 5200 is fast becoming a favorite damper amongst race teams and track day enthusiasts worldwide. This aftermarket suspension is great for the race track or street use for the daily driver. Whether you're looking for replacement parts or upgrading your suspension kit for track use, this is one of the highest quality aftermarket parts for your E36 BMW 3-Series.
- 2-Way Adjustment (Rebound and Compression Adjustable Coilovers)
- Remote Reservoir - allow additional travel and heat dissipation
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 60% / Rear = 40%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front Strut: McPherson strut / Rear Strut: Eye 2 pin strut
- Inverted 44.5mm diameter shaft struts offer exceptional strength, minimal geometry change under cornering and braking maneuvers.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style.
- New low friction seals on all AST dampers.
- Spherical lower eye shock mounts.
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable.
- Upgradeable to 5300 specs.
- Revalvable for different setups.
1992-2000 BMW E36 Sedan/Touring/Coupe/Convertible
1992-1999 BMW E36 M3