AST Suspension 5200 Series 2-Way Coilovers - E9X
The 5200 Series for the 2005-2012 BMW E9X are 2-way adjustable shock absorbers that are based upon competition 3-way adjustable shock absorbers.
The design of the compression adjuster is an evolution of the compression adjuster we provided for the American Grand-Am series for the last few years. The 5200 shock absorbers were designed to achieve a quick and easy setup, allowing separate adjustment of compression and rebound.
The 5200 Series AST uses an external canister. Throughout testing and competitions, the 5200 has been praised for its performance and capabilities, setting a new standard for a 2-way damper. It's no surprise that the 5200 is fast becoming a favorite damper amongst race teams and track day enthusiasts worldwide.
- 2-Way Adjustment (Rebound and Compression Adjustable)
- Remote Reservoir - allow additional travel and heat dissipation
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 60% / Rear = 40%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front: McPherson strut / Rear: Eye 2 pin strut
- Inverted 44.5mm diameter shaft struts offer exceptional strength, minimal geometry change under cornering and braking maneuvers.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style.
- New low friction seals on all AST dampers.
- Spherical lower eye shock mounts.
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable.
- Upgradeable to 5300 specs.
- Revalvable for specific characteristics.
- Includes front Drop links
2005-2012 BMW E9X 318d, 318i, 320d, 320i, 325i, 325d, 328i, 330d, 330i, 335d, 335i, (Non M)
2007-2011 BMW E9X M3