AST Suspension 5200 Series 2-Way Coilovers - F8X
The 5200 Series for the 2014-2020 BMW F8X are 2-way adjustable shock absorbers that are based upon AST's competition 3-way adjustable shock absorbers.
The design of the compression adjuster is an evolution of the adjuster AST provided for the American Grand-Am series. The 5200 shock absorbers were designed to achieve a quick and easy setup, allowing separate adjustment of compression and rebound.
The 5200 Series AST uses an external reservoir. Throughout testing and competition, the 5200 has been praised for its performance and capabilities, setting a new standard for a 2-way damper. It's no surprise that the 5200 is fast becoming a favorite damper among race teams and track day enthusiasts world wide.
- 2-Way Adjustment (Rebound and Compression Adjustable)
- Remote Reservoir - allow additional travel and heat dissipation
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 60% / Rear = 40%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front: McPherson strut / Rear: Eye 2 pin strut
- Inverted 44.5mm diameter shaft struts offer exceptional strength, minimal geometry change under cornering and braking maneuvers.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style.
- New low friction seals on all AST dampers.
- Spherical lower eye shock mounts.
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Fully serviceable and rebuildable.
- Upgradeable to 5300 specs.
- Revalvable for specific characteristics.
- Adjustable Front Droplinks are Required: Part Number: DLA-BMW4-S
2014-2020 BMW F80 M3 3.0 TwinTurbo LCI 5 Bolt
2014-2020 BMW F80 M3 3.0 TwinTurbo Non LCI 3 Bolt
2014-2020 BMW F82 M4 3.0 TwinTurbo LCI 5 Bolt
2014-2020 BMW F82 M4 3.0 TwinTurbo Non LCI 3 Bolt
2015-2020 BMW F87 M2 3.0 TwinTurbo Pre Facelift
2015-2020 BMW F87 M2 Competition 3.0 TwinTurbo Facelift